William Henry Pyne: The History of the Royal Residences
(London: 1819) Sp Coll f327-329
Hampton Court: Gothic Hall
C. Wild delt; W. J. Bennett sculpt.
(From Vol. 2: Pub. Sept. 1 1819 by A. Dry, 36 Upper Charlotte Street, Fitzroy Square)
The middle quadrangle ... is called the Clock-Court, from a
curious astronomical clock being placed over the gateway. The apartments on two
sides of this court are occupied by private persons; the suite on the third was
appropriated to the uses of the late Prince of Orange; and the fourth, or north
side, comprises the great Gothic Hall (pp. 31-32).