William Henry Pyne: The History of the Royal Residences
(London: 1819) Sp Coll f327-329
Windsor Castle: St. George's Chapel from the Altar
C. Wild delt; T. Sutherland sculp.
(From Vol. 1: Pub. June 1 1819 by A. Dry 36 Upper Charlotte Street, Fitzroy Square)
The stalls for the sovereigns and knights companions are very richly carved in wood, and display the names and arms of the several noble and illustrious persons by whom they have been respectively occupied. They are arranged on each side of the choir, and formerly consisted of twenty-four in number, but six more have been since added ... The carvings of the choir, the ceiling and the canopies over the stalls are worthy of notice, as they abound with curious devices (pp. 181-182).