The Royal Bank of Scotland
The Greek-Revival Royal Bank of Scotland was built in 1827 when the bank sold its Cunninghame Mansion premises on Queen Street for redevelopment as the Exchange. It was designed by Archibald Elliot II (d.1843) as part of Royal Exchange Square. The building and its adjoining premises on Buchanan Street were converted into the city's largest bookshop in 1998.
Go to Plate Eight - Return to Introductory Page