University of Glasgow


Part of the Library and University Services

Please note that these pages are from our old (pre-2010) website; the presentation of these pages may now appear outdated and may not always comply with current accessibility guidelines.

Allan and Ferguson's Views in Glasgow


The Asylum for the Blind

The Asylum for the Blind was built beside the Royal Infirmary and paid for through voluntary subscription. It opened in 1828 and had workshops providing work for adults. John Alston, one of its benefactors, pioneered printing for the blind.

Go to Plate Eight - Return to Introductory Page