The Glasgow Normal Seminary
The Normal Seminary was designed by David Hamilton and built 1836-7. It was founded by David Stow, the educational pioneer, as the first teacher training college in the country. A. Handyside Ritchie's bust of Stow was placed in the facade in the 1850s. The building is now occupied as a business centre.
Go to Plate Seven - Return to Introductory Page