The Royal Infirmary
The Royal Infirmary was founded by a group of Glasgow's leading citizens and opened in 1794. The building was designed by Robert (1728-92) and James Adam and built on the site of the Archbishop's Palace to the north of the Cathedral. It was demolished and replaced by a new and larger hospital in the early twentieth century.
Go to Plate Six - Return to Introductory Page