St. Enoch's Church
The first church was built towards the end of the eighteenth century but a new building designed by David Hamilton was erected on the site in 1827. The architect incorporated the earlier spire and the church was the focal point from Buchanan Street. It was demolished in the 1920s.
Go to Plate Sixteen - Return to Introductory Page