Gorbals parish church was designed by David Hamilton and built 1806-10 on the south side of the river to the east of Carlton Place. Its tall spire was a Glasgow landmark and destroyed by lightning. The church survived until the 1970s when it was demolished. The site subsequently was acquired for the new Sheriff Court building.
Go to Plate Sixteen - Return to Introductory Page