View from the North-West corner of Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square was laid out between 1823 and 1829 and surrounded by four terraces of large houses three of which now are used as offices. The facades were executed by John Brash (fl.1801-1838/9) and now the entire east side is occupied by the Royal Scottish Automobile Club. The view looks towards the villas and terraces in the west end of the city.
Go to Plate Fifteen - Return to Introductory Page