St. Jude's Episcopalian Chapel
St. Jude's was designed by John Stephen (c.1807-50) and erected 1838-9 by the congregation of the Rev. Robert Montgomery, author of various poetical works. It stands on West George Street, to the west of Blythswood Square, which was one of the city's most fashionable residential areas. The building subsequently was converted into offices and in the 1990s was transformed into the Malmaison Hotel.
Go to Plate Thirteen - Return to Introductory Page