Royal Crescent, Glasgow
Royal Crescent, on the western section of Sauchiehall Street near Kelvingrove Park, was designed by Alexander Taylor (fl.1830-41) and built between 1839-49. It was a fashionable residential area but today is mostly occupied as offices. The engraving shows the pediment now absent from the middle of the terrace.
Go to Plate Twelve - Return to Introductory Page